UNDER CONSTRUCTION

A few things are missing from our blog! Let's just say that our blog is headed to the spa to undergo a face lift =) Check back soon and via Facebook for the new look and features!

WWP Small Groups

Missing out on some time with your friends during the month? Need a boost from God's Word and some prayer support? You're invited to visit a small group; find one that fits you and your schedule; and make it your home!



Eleanor Stern & Bernice Onuoha, leaders
Every Tuesday morning
10:30 am @ City Church

Arlene Hiatt & Judy Hitt
, leaders
3rd Monday/every month
6.30-8.00 pm @ Arlene's home

Crystal Fox & Abigail Zehr, leaders
3rd Monday/every month
6.30-8.00pm @ Angie's home

Sarah Mwania & Heather Sutter, leaders
Thursday, March 8 & 22
7.00-8.30pm @ Heather's home

Angela Williams, leader
Monday evenings
5:30pm @ Marian's home



Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Speaking to yourself!

Hi Everyone - long time no post!! Just loved this verse I read this morning though and had to share my thoughts.
Psalm 43:5 "Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God!"

I have found myself a little "uninvolved" and just blodding along lately and the Lord has begun to renew something in me so I can now share with you and encourage you if you find yourself in this same place. It is so easy to let life overwhelm you and before you know it you are being led by situations and not by what the Lord is speaking in your life because you are not listening to Him, you are listening to the loud voices around you instead!!!
That's when you need to speak to yourself like David did here. "Why am I....I will praise Him!!!"
I had such an interesting day yesterday. Actually it began with Sunday morning the day before when I heard an awesome message from my great pastor and it began to renew something in me I had let die over the summer busyness!! We then flew to Denver to spend the night so we could have breakfast with an awesome couple who live in the Philippines. Because of that decision (delaying our flight to LA where we are having a wonderful time of vacation with more fammily)we were not able to get on our LA flight and had to rent a car and drive to Co Springs, spent the day shopping and eating together, and eventually caught a flight on a very small plane sitting beside extremely interesting people and arrived at LA much later than planned causing the family who had to pick us up to make another trip to the airport (a 2hr hour round trip car ride)!
There were lots of reasons for me to complain about my day. Nothing went as planned - but it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable, interesting, and relaxed days I have had in a long time.
"Why am I discouraged????" "I WILL PRAISE the Lord!!"
I love loving the Lord and knowing He is in charge of my life. It makes for adventuresome living (don't know if that is a word...adventursesome!) (And having a son who works for an airline so we are at the mercy of empty seats....but that is another blessing in my life!!)
THANK YOU LORD FOR TODAY - WONDER WHAT IT WILL BRING MY WAY - WHATEVER IT IS I KNOW YOU ARE IN IT!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow, thanks for sharing that, Pastor Susan! I also had been finding myself overwhelmed by things in life, and yesterday i finally took it all to God... repented, released it to Him, asked Him to surround me and fill me, sought after Him for a word.

After i felt like i had prayed it out and my eye make-up had been salted off, then I began to read the chapters in Psalms...

And wouldn't you know it... the very first verses...

"I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry.

"He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps" (Ps. 40:1,2).

Further on in yesterday's reading (Ps. 42:5), i also claimed the very verse you posted today:

"Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues? Fix my eyes on God -- soon I'll be praising again. He puts a smile on my face. He's my God."

And like you titled your post today, i had to speak to myself!

And, yes, He is in it! I'm so grateful for His presence! Thank You, Lord!